Classic tear-drop shaped Oud with bowl bottom, the ever-popular arabic instrument. 7 wound nylon strings and 4 plain nylon strings are arranged over 6 courses of double strings (last string single but 12th peg gives option for double string there also). Spruce soundboard with 3 ornate sound-holes delivers clear and bright projection and tone.
Multiple tuning options are possible but the recommended tuning is to use the Arabic method and tune as (starting from thickest = 6th) string C, F, A, D, G, c . This oud has more than 3 octave range and includes a gig bag.
- Spruce top
- Body made of lacewood wood
- lacewood neck
- Walnut fretboard
- Width of the upper nut approx. 4 cm
- Scale approx. 61.5 cm
- Lower width approx. 34.5 cm
- Body length approx. 51.5 cm
- Total length approx. 84 cm
- Height incl. bridge approx. 22 cm
- 11 Strings in 6 courses
- The 6th course can be with double strings as there are 12 pegs
- Incl. padded gig bag
- Order of stringing on pegs is: 6 (Thickest C)